About

banner-bench

Background

Edge Hill is built on the original site of Royton Hall. The hall was owned chiefly by the Bryon, Standish, Percival, Pickford and Radcliffe families over a period of 800 years. Archaeological excavations carried out during 2004-2007 led us to believe that the original hall started out as a small building in the North East corner of the site and was gradually extended clockwise into a rectangular shape encompassing a court yard.

From 1795 it was leased to several tenants by the Radcliffe family and was subsequently used as a school, farm, and sub-tenant lodgings for families. As the town grew many mill managers and owners originally rented room here as did various clergymen and other middle ranking citizens. Poorer families employed by the mills rented rooms at the back of the hall and the cellars. In the 20th century the hall was used a both a doctors surgery and as apartments.

Residents

Our residents are friendly, funny and welcoming. We have a number of residents at various stages of dementia. We have 2 residents who are accomplished artists who in turn enjoy teaching other residents to paint and draw in our purpose built hobbies room. One of our residents received an OBE for services to the community and it gives us great pride in providing care to such people.

Care

Edge Hill offers permanent residential care, planned respite care (bookable up to 3 months in advance), Emergency respite care, hospital to home support for clients medically fit for discharge from hospital but who require further input from community clinicians to prevent a re-admittance to hospital, and day care, available from 08.00 to 18.00.

CQC report

You can view our latest CQC report here.